Want to get involved but don't want to get wet?
No problem, there are many ways you can get involved in our Surf Club without even getting in the water.
To run a successful club we require volunteers throughout the season. There are many different areas in which we require assistance in running the club effectively and meeting our obligations set out by Surf Life Saving WA.
Volunteers are needed in following areas:
- Fundraising events
- Apparel shop
- The shop is open on most Sunday mornings during the season Oct - March from 8 am - 10 am. Volunteers help with sales and fitting.
- Cott Cafe
- Preparation of sandwiches
- Sunday morning BBQ
- Club social events
- Bar (Responsible Service of Alcohol required)
- Setting up and packing up social events such as Friday night food
- Operational management of the club
Lifesaving related roles
- Patrolling member
- Committee member
- Age Group Managers for Nipper groups
- Parent/adult helpers for Nippers
- Water safety personnel
- Competition officials and assistants
- Education assistant
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please read the member screening policy and contact the club to express your interest. When we employ volunteers, especially those who have contact with minors during Surf Life saving activities, we ensure we follow the attached member screening policy.