The Cottesloe S.L.S.C. encourages all existing members to complete their membership registration online.
If you have previously renewed online, your login details will remain the same. If not, it is easy to create your username and password. You will need to make sure the details that you’re entering are the same as what the office has (especially email addresses).
To complete your membership online (have your credit card handy prior to logging in), see the steps below:
1. Go to portal.sls.com.au
2. If you created an account last season, click the ‘log in’ tab across the top
3. If you haven’t yet registered, click the ’create account’ tab across the top
4. Select ‘Lifesaving Online’ tab across the top, then ‘Membership’
5. Go to ‘Renew’
6. Check your personal details are correct, tick the relevant boxes and follow the steps to renew.
7. Transaction Type = membership fee. Ensure payer’s name, contact details and email is correct and submit
8. Add credit card details and submit.
Family memberships – the process has changed slightly for families wishing to renew online. The new family group feature will mean that 1 person (the primary member, we suggest that the primary member is the parent or guardian who is over 18) from each family will be able to login to their Portal account and renew/update details for all members of the family group. Family group requests will be ‘pending’ until club administrators approve the request. Once your family group is approved, parents/guardians will be able to renew all members of the family group using their login.
Membership subscription rates 2017/2018
- Family (2 adults & dependent children aged 5-25 & not working) $420
- Minnows (5 - 6 years) $140
- Nippers (7 - 13 years) $140.00 (plus $15 yellow vest U10 - U13)
- Cadet Members (13 - 15 years) $150
- Active (15 - 18 years) U19* $170
- Active Senior*, Award $200
- Active Reserve, Long Service $200
- Senior Long Service (Long Service members (Bronze holder) aged 60 or more) $160
- Country $95
- Associate $290
- Gym Membership $600 (option for 6 month membership for $300)
- Bronze Training & Pack $200 (note 2)
- Surf Rescue Certificate Training $65
- Security Fob Replacement $20 (note 3)
- Competition Fee U14 - U19 $60 (note 3)
- Competition Fee 19yrs and over $90 (note 3)
- Competition cap $15 and Competition yellow vest $15
Note 1: $50 reduction for Active member holding a Bronze medallion who has completed 100% of allocated rostered patrol hours for 2015/2016 season.
Note 2: includes a $50 reduction in second year membership fees upon successful completion of the Bronze Award and renewal of an Active membership.
Note 3: You will not be entered into a carnival unless you have completed your rostered patrol hours and are fully financial (membership and competition fees paid).
Which Age Group am I?
The age group for the season is determined as of midnight on 30th September. Listed below are the age groups children will be in for the coming season:
- U14 - child has turned 13 on or before September 30th 2017
- U13 - child has turned 12 on or before September 30th 2017
- U12 - child has turned 11 on or before September 30th 2017
- U11 - child has turned 10 on or before September 30th 2017
- U10 - child has turned 9 on or before September 30th 2017
- U9 - child has turned 8 on or before September 30th 2017
- U8 - child has turned 7 on or before September 30th 2017
- U7 - child has turned 6 on or before September 30th 2017
- U6 - child has turned 5 on or before September 30th 2017
Membership fees are due on the 1st of May and must be paid before the start of the season. Members who are not financial shall not be eligible to participate in Club, Inter-Club or State Championship Competitions and shall not enjoy the privileges of the club.
Membership application forms for new members can be downloaded below. Please complete and take to the club with your payment. The club accepts cash, cheque, credit card and Eftpos payments.
Existing members can renew online. The forms must be returned to the club with payment. Fees and how payment can be made to the club can be downloaded below.
The office is open during the week or on Sundays during the surf season.
Active & Active Under 19 members who have been accepted as members subject to qualifying for their Bronze Medallion.
Mebers between the ages of Under 6 and Under 7 (age for a season is calculated as of midnight September each year). The emphasis is on having fun whilst learning about safety in the water and on the beach.
Members between the ages of Under 8 to Under 13 years (age for a season is calculated as of midnight September each year). The program is focused on participation and fun. Activities include surf safety, surfing, board paddling, board rescue, beach activities, basic resuscitation and first aid. Each age group progresses through a Junior Development Certificate.
Active Under 14 and Under 15 Members
Members aged 13 & 14 years of age as at 30th September each year. They are eligible for the Surf Rescue Certificate.
Active Under 17 Member and Under 19 Members (Titans)
Members who are between the ages of 15 and 16 years as at 30th September each year. They are eligible to gain their Surf Life Saving Bronze Medallion. They will then be rostered for Patrol Duty.
To be an active lifesaving member of the club, you need to:
- Hold a Bronze Medallion (or obtain your Bronze Medallion during the season)
- Pay an annual membership fee
- Complete and sign the membership form
- Complete an annual proficiency test/pool proficiency (unless you obtained your Bronze Medallion during the season)
- Do minimum patrol requirements.
Members must be financial in order to patrol, compete or attend club activities. This is a compulsory requirement, which covers legal and insurance policies. New members may join at any time during the season and if joining after 1st February, pay half the annual membership fee.
Active Reserve Members
Club may grant reserve Active Membership to Active Members who have satisfactorily completed (from gaining of the Bronze Medallion) at least ten (10) years of patrol and club. Reserve Active Members shall complete the annual proficiency test and shall perform a minimum of patrols and further patrol duties at the discretion of the club’s Competition Committee.
Long Service Members
Members who have completed 4 years satisfactory service as an Active Reserve member or members who have completed 12 years satisfactory service since obtaining their Bronze Medallion. Eligible members must apply to the Club for Long Service membership. Long Service members are exempt from all patrol obligations.
Senior Long Service Members
Long Service Members who have reached the age of 60 on 1st October.
Award Members are members who are proficient holders of one or more of the following awards: Radio Operators, Resuscitation Certificate, Advanced Resuscitation Certificate, First Aid or a Surf Rescue Certificate. Members who have these qualifications can also assist with patrol operations. This category is perfect for members who are keen to help out but do not have the ability to perform the full active requirements.
Active members of at least 12 month standing who are absent from the metropolitan area for at least 6 months of the year, 3 months of which must be between 1st October and 31st March each year. Members residing in the country can apply for Country membership but must be a Bronze Medallion holder.
An Associate Member shall be a person who for some reason may be unable to become an Active member. An Associate member may take part in all Club activities but may not be elected to the positions of President, Deputy President, Captain or Vice-Captain. An associate member may take part in all club social activities and has access to the change rooms. Associate members shall not have affiliated club voting rights.
Members who have completed 12 years of outstanding service to the Club.
The Management Committee may select suitable Honorary members for such period as they see fit. They shall be entitled to all Club privileges as determined by the management Committee but shall not be eligible to be elected to office.